Today I decided to share 2 quick and easy soup recipes. They make for a nice meal especially if you don't want to spend lot of time, or make a big mess, cooking.
The first one I received from a friends family so I hate sharing it, but it's soooo yummy I just couldn't resist.
Crab Soup
3 tbsp of chopped onion
1 garlic - minced (or garlic salt if you are in a real hurry, about 1/2 tbsp)
1/4 c. butter
1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 c. of Half & Half
2 c of Tomato Juice
2 cans of crab meat
sour cream
1. Saute onion & garlic in the butter until onion is tender
2. Stir in flour, salt/pepper until bubbly
3. Add Half & Half, tomato juice, and Wor. sauce
4. Add crab meat and heat thoroughly
Chicken Tortilla Soup
(this one calls for making your own tortilla strips, if you are in a hurry you can buy the strips and sip the making them) Also this will yield 4 servings, tweak to get desired amount if necessary.
4 (6in) corn tortillas
1/2 c. chopped onion
3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (12 oz of chicken)
1 garlic clove pressed
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp ground cumin
2 cans (14.5 oz each) chicken broth
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained (if you have the time you can by tomatoes and dice and season)
1 can (4oz) chopped green chilies, undrained
4 tsp snipped cilantro
1/2 c cheddar cheese
4 thick slices of lime (if you want, I leave this out b/c I don't like limes)
1. (if you are making tortilla strips) Preheat oven too 400. Cut tortillas in 1/2 in strips, place on baking stone, or cookie sheet. Bake 7-8 min or until crisp
2. While that's baking, chop onion. cut chicken into 1/2 in pieces. Cook and stir chicken for 3 min. Add onion, garlic, chili powder, and cumin. Cook and stir 2 min. Stir in broth and tomatoes and chilies. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10min.
3. Put tortilla strips in bowl and ladle soup over it. Garnish with cilantro, and cheese. (this is where you'd squeeze in lime juice if desired)
Enjoy!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment